Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chair and Cheesecake (Dip)

THING ONE - CHAIR:  This old chair was given to me by a friend of mine.  Wouldn't EVERYONE want a chair like this??  Anyhoo, it belonged to his mother and was part of a set in their dining room when he was a little boy.  I don't know what happened to its siblings.  As I may have mentioned before, I'm a sucker for old stuff that looks like junk. I always think it can be fixed up and restored of its purpose.  I contemplated waiting until I actually DID fix this up before I posted pictures, but I thought it might motivate me to get started earlier if I pressured myself by telling the whole internet world of my intentions.  So now I HAVE to fix it up, right?

When I saved the close-up picture to my computer, I named it "Chair Before - Scratched and Disgusting."  This chair has been in a storage unit for about five years, and it's full of dirt and cobwebs and yuk.  I suspect some of the yuk happened prior to its storage days.

Before I get to the fun part of returning it to a beautiful throne fit for a king, I have to get all of the gunk off of it.  That's going to take a while, and I'm going to have a hideous expression on my face while I'm doing that part.  In fact, I can tell that I already have a hideous expression on my face just thinking about it.  I can't believe I put this dirty old thing on my good carpet to take a picture of it.  So that's that about The Chair.  When I'm finished with it, I'll let you take a gander at the finished product.  Wish me luck!

THING TWO - CHEESECAKE DIP:  Don't worry, Thing One has nothing in common with Thing Two.  I was just perusing some of the other blogs I follow, and I ran across a recipe for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dessert Dip.  Which one of those words is not appealing?  I'll answer that: None.  So, even though I haven't made it yet and don't have my own photo of it, you can find a picture and the recipe at the Fake-It-Frugal blog here.  If you try it before I do (and I'll post again with a photo after I try it), please let me know what you think.

That's all I have for tonight.  I'm off to buy a remnant of upholstery fabric and a few Granny Smith apples!

Wait! Wait!  I've been watching "A League of Their Own" while I typed this and just got to this part: "There's no crying in baseball!"  What a great line.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Becky for visiting my blog today and your sweet comments! How nice to hear someone else was as impressed with his course as I was! I enjoyed this post very much and am anxious to try this dip recipe, we love apple anything! (and I enjoyed the stranger on the Shore over at your other blog (of course I am familiar with that tune, but did not know the name until now) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete