Monday, November 7, 2011

Card Making Therapy

Even as a kid, I enjoyed coloring.  I have a special drawer here at 304 full of coloring books, crayons and markers for my grandkids so that when they come for a visit, we can sit down and color together.  With the exception of when they're arguing about who is hogging a favorite color, they seem to enjoy it, and I have had some beautiful artwork made just for "Grammy" displayed on the front of my refrigerator from time to time.

In the last year or so, I started getting interested in card making after seeing a few video tutorials on line. I was (and still am) impressed by the imagination and creativity of others. When I grow up, I want to be that good.  What's amazing to me is that there are so many others. I could spend all day going from blog to blog getting ideas. Little by little, I have built a collection of supplies so that after a day at the office I can enjoy some quiet time (I call it therapy) making cards.  It's cheaper than a therapist.

I just had an email from a friend of mine in Virginia who recently received a thank you note from me. She had graciously invited me to stay at her home in Fredericksburg while my parents took the guest bedroom at her mother's home. She has a tea party business, so I thought a tea cup was appropriate.



Here's another one I did for friends I did in North Carolina.  They enjoy being at the beach, and I found a free "digi stamp" on line to color.  I accidentally made the sky look stormy, but I was kind of glad for that accident after I was finished with it.

It's also fun to have the inside track and know when one has just been dropped in the mail, and it's on the way to someone special.

No comments:

Post a Comment