Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Horse, Cow, Chair

I think I may have mentioned a few weeks ago that I had been to a second hand shop (a/k/a flea market) here in town where I found a decorative rocking horse made from barn siding.  The same day I bought it, I painted it and then stained it with walnut stain. I really like the way it turned out.

Sorry for the blur
Then my friend (who was pregnant at the time), offered this huge entertainment armoire to me.  She wanted to make room for baby stuff in her home and considered the armoire superfluous.  It's a terrific piece of furniture which only weighs about 800 tons. I may be exaggerating slightly. In preparation for its arrival at my home, I painted my family room/dining room and have had the decorating bug ever since.  I don't have a pic of the armoire yet, because I don't have everything just how I want it.  But I do have a pic of a nifty cow that I found at yet another flea market here in town.

Isn't she great?

THEN, I happened across an ad on Craigslist for a black Windsor rocking chair.  I knew it would be the perfect addition to the room. So I emailed the guy, made the arrangements, and drove over to StL last night to pick it up. Just as I suspected, it's a perfect fit. I love the colonial style furniture and hope to eventually switch things out piece by piece in here. Next project is to decide which pictures to hang in here. Thankfully, I still had quite a few things in my attic room that will look great, so all I had to do was go up there and go "shopping."

That's all for now.  Merry May!

It "sits" good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment