Monday, July 13, 2015

Coffee Pot Card - Three Masks

For the Live Love Cards July challenge, I used an antique coffee pot stamp I purchased at a rubber stamp convention/show this weekend.  My family always enjoys visiting over a cup of coffee, and since my brother and I haven't been able to do that for a while due to the distance involved, I made a "coffee" card to send to him.

I used three masks. The first was to mask the coffee pot so that I could sponge Weathered Wood Ranger Distress Ink "behind it" to make the wall while I had also masked off the bottom portion. Then, while the coffee pot was still masked, I masked off the finished wall to sponge Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to make the table.  Before sponging the inks, I scored the top portion vertically (around the coffee pot) to make the wall look like bead board, and I scored the bottom portion horizontally to make the table look like planks of wood.  I finished it off with some Tim Holtz Linen Ribbon for a masculine embellishment.

4 comments:

  1. Really nice! I love how realistic this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw ​your card linked at the LiveLoveCards challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete