Sunday, November 13, 2011

It Takes a Big Crew ...

... to feed a bunch of hungry people.  After our Divine Services (complete with an awesome bell choir, I might add), you'll see what else was going on at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Hamel today. Other than a little big wind, it was a gorgeous day to venture out for some good eats -- a 75º November day in the Midwest.  No complaints here. 

I'm happy to share a few photos I took before the voracious lunch crowd arrived.  I'm getting to know a lot of the names (it's only taken me 3 1/2 years), but since I still don't know everyone's name, I'll do the captions in menu-style so you'll know what everyone was preparing.  Keep in mind, some of the people you see here also worked yesterday (and the day before I think), and stayed again all day today. So this, by far, isn't everyone who made it all happen.


The calm before the storm



Two of our lovely dining room helpers


Bread, Cranberry Relish, Applesauce


Green Beans (sorry for the blur)

Mashed Potatoes

Gravy

Sauerkraut

Sausage!

MORE Sausage!

Desserts

Ya gotta have coffee with dessert!  Good job, David!

The Take-Out Crew

Take-Out Check-Out (More of the calm before the storm)


Evidence of a LOT of wonderful folks not pictured who worked at home to contribute all these (and more) wonderful desserts!


 So if you didn't make it this year, you missed some yumminess and good company.  Be sure to mark your calendars for next November so you don't make that mistake again.


No comments:

Post a Comment