Saturday, November 19, 2011

Turkey Digi Stamp Wine Bottle Tag

So since I'm not sure what to expect this coming week, I'm going to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving a few days early.  I don't know about you, but I'm ready!

I have been invited to dinner this evening at the home of some friends, and I'm taking a bottle of wine.  Rather than buying a bottle bag, I decided a nice wine bottle tag with a Thanksgiving theme would be appropriate.  I found this terrific turkey digi stamp here at Karen's Doodles, printed it off and colored it in with my Copics (thanks for sharing this, Karen!)  Then I created a 3D tag with a fall-colored ribbon.  Tom T. graces the front of the tag, and a "Happy Thanksgiving" greeting is printed on the back.

Copic colors used were YG91 (Putty) and YR24 (Pale Sepia) for his feathers with a dash of E57 (Light Walnut) to outline.  His "hands" feet and beak are Y21 (Buttercup Yellow) and Y19 (Napoli Yellow).  His wattle was done with E02 (Fruit Pink) and E09 (Burnt Sienna).  I also used a little of the Burnt Sienna for highlighting the feathers.

I think this zany little guy adds a touch of fun.

A blessed Thanksgiving to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment