Saturday, January 23, 2016

All Things Red and Hearts

February is almost here, and I've been wanting to make a shaker card for Valentines day while I have the opportunity.  Usually I wait until it's almost too late to start holiday or birthday cards, but turns out I'm a little bit early for this one.  Wonders never cease.  I'm not sure you'll be able to tell much about this card from the photo.  I do my best, but taking pictures isn't my strong suit.  Thanks to Picmonkey, I can cover up a lot of mistakes.

I've recently seen several videos where some of my favorite card-makers have used the We R Memory Keepers Fuse tool.  I've been wanting to do an heirloom recipe book from my grandmother's and mother's recipe collections, so I had purchased some of the Project Life items to make that process a little more streamlined.  I also decided to invest in the fuse tool for the recipe project and learned that it will be useful to use for other projects as well, as evidenced by this card.  Though I didn't have all of the supplies used in the inspiration video by Jennifer McGuire here, I did already have the Hero Arts "Love Stamp and Cut" set, so I was able to stretch the glittered love die cut across the shaker window like Jennifer did.  I really liked the idea of being able to see all the way through the card.  I wish I had angled the love die cut a little bit more to match the angle of the edge of the heart. I did use the edge of the heart as a guide to angle the sentiment under the window, though.  I added some Epoxy Hearts by Pebbles on the front of the card.  I used Heart Sequins (not very easy to see here) by Doodlebug Design Inc. as well as some red and iridescent round sequins I already had in my stash.  I'll tweak some things on my next shaker card, but all in all I'm pretty pleased with how this one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment